MS Am 183.2
Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poems: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Am 183.2
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882.
Title: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poems,
Quantity: 1 collection (1 volume (.1 linear ft.)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Autograph drafts of poems by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Bequest of Mrs. James Thomas (Annie) Fields, of Boston; received: 1915 Oct. 17.
Processed by: Bonnie B. Salt
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Poems (MS Am 183.2). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Longfellow was an American poet.
Arranged in order as received.
- (1). Longfellow (Mss. of poems) : Ms list (in unidentified hand), undated.
With a Ts note: The following poems noted on the list were not received with the rest
of the manuscripts:
- Psalm of life
- O ye dead poets
- The sifting of Peter
- Maiden and weathercock
- (2). The belfrey of Bruges : AMs (with cut and pasted signature), undated.
- (3). Palingenesis : AMsS, 1864 Feb. 26.
- (4). Something left undone : AMsS, undated.
- (5). Charles Sumner : AMsS, 1874 Mar. 30.
- (6). Three friends of mine : AMsS, 1874.
- (7). Christmas bells : AMsS, undated.
With title A Christmas Carol crossed out.
- (8). Flower-de-Luce : AMsS, 1866 March 27.
- (9). Killed at the Ford : AMsS, undated.
- (10). Fata Morgana : AMsS, undated.
- (11). The bridge of cloud : AMsS, undated.
- (12). Santa Filomena : AMs, undated.
- (13). The fiftieth birthday of Agassiz May 28, 1857 : AMsS, undated.
- (14). Weariness : AMsS, undated.
- (15). Song : AMsS, 1878 Jan. 25.
- (16). Aftermath : AMsS, undated.
- (17). Bayard Taylor : AMsS, 1879 Jan. 25.
- (18). Robert Burns : AMsS, 1879 Dec. 18.
- (19). Old St. David's at Radnor : AMsS, 1880 Mar. 22.
- (20). The windmill : AMsS, undated.
- (21). The arrow and the song : AMs, 1845 Nov. 16.
With AMsS note: First draft given to James T. Fields, May 24, 1874.
- (22). The poet and his songs : AMsS, undated.
- (23). Sonnet : AMsS,
This is the poem later called Nature.