MS Am 2301
Iacovella, Mary Arena. Mary Arena Iacovella papers: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Location: b Shelved in one box: MS Am 2300-2301
Call No.: MS Am 2301
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Iacovella, Mary Arena.
Title: Mary Arena Iacovella papers,
Quantity: .3 linear feet (1 folder)
Abstract: Letters primarily from American poet and editor John Hall Wheelock of Charles Scribner's
Sons, to hopeful poet and novelist Mary Iacovella..
*78M-80. Gift of Mrs. Mary Arena Iacovella, 2355 Prospect Ave., Bronx, New York 10458; received: 1978 Aug. 1.
*66M-133. Gift of Mrs. Mary Arena Iacovella, 2355 Prospect Ave., Bronx, New York 10458; received: 1967 Apr. 1.
Processed by: Bonnie B. Salt
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
Mary Arena Iacovella Papers (MS Am 2301). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Mary Arena Iacovella (1905-1983) was a poet and novelist hopeful of being published.
John Hall Wheelock (1886-1978) was an American poet, scholar, and editor for Charles
Letters from Wheelock concern his gentle rejection of her manuscripts. Materials also
include a photograph, pamphlet, and other letters. Also includes her typescript, The street of wretched people.
- (1). Charles Scribner's Sons. Letter to Mary Arena Iacovella, 1940. 1 folders
Letter rejecting her manuscript.
- (2). Iacovella, Mary Arena. Letters from my garret : pamphlet with AMs revisions, 1978. 1 folders
Privately printed book of poems.
- (3). Iacovella, Mary Arena. Letters to William H. (William Henry) Bond of the Houghton Library, 1978. 1 folders
Letters give lengthy description of her correspondence with Wheelock..
- (4). Mary Arena Iacovella : photograph, 1947. 1 folders
No photographer listed.
- (5). Wheelock, John Hall, 1886-1978. Letters to Mary Arena Iacovella, 1944-1976. 4 folders
- (6). Iacovella, Mary Arena. The street of wretched people : typescript with autograph manuscript corrections; Bronx, New York, circa 1945. 32s. (32p.) in 1 folder.