MS Am 2065
Merrymount Press. Letters relating to the Merrymount Press, 1913-1955: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: MS Am 2065
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard Library, Harvard University
Creator: Merrymount Press.
Title: Letters relating to the Merrymount Press,
Quantity: 1 collection (.3 linear feet (1 box)
Abstract: Correspondence of Boston printer D. B. Updike, concerning his Merrymount Press.
94M-32. (Transferred from 56H-1362).
Manuscripts presented by Mr. George Laban Harding: received 1956 November; Gift, 1957 December 3.
Processed by: J. F. Coakley
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
Letters Relating to the Merrymount Press, 1913-1955 (MS Am 2065). Houghton Library,
The Merrymount Press, located in Boston, Massachusetts, was the printing office of
D. B. (Daniel Berkeley) Updike.
Arranged into the following series:
- I. Correspondence of the Merrymount Press
- II. Correspondence of George Laban Harding
The correspondence of the Press consists mainly of letters from D.B. (Daniel Berkeley)
Updike, including a number to the San Francisco printer Henry H. Taylor. Harding's
correspondence concerns his collection of Merrymount Press printing. Also included
are some letters to George Laban Harding.
- Series: I. Correspondence of the Merrymount Press
The letters are chiefly from D. B.(Daniel Berkeley) Updike.
- (1). Correspondence with George T. Goodspeed and Charles E. (Charles Eliot) Goodspeed, 1926-1927. 1 folders
Includes proofs of bookplates and a Christmas card.
- (2). Correspondence with Mrs. Helena M. Hand, 1926-1930. 1 folders
Includes copies of her printed bookplate and other correspondence concerning it.
- (3). Correspondence with Henry H. Taylor, 1913-1935. 5 folders
- (4). Letters to various correspondents, 1919-1948. 1 folders
- Series: II. Correspondence of George Laban Harding
- (5). Harding, George Laban. Correspondence with Max Farrand, 1931-1935. 1 folders
- (6). Harding, George Laban. Letter to Julian P. Smith, 1930. 1 folders
- (7). Harding, George Laban. Correspondence with Thomas J. Taylor, 1930-1931. 2 folders
- (8). Harding, George Laban. Correspondence with publishers and booksellers, 1929-1955. 2 folders
- (9). American Institute of Graphic Arts. Letter to George Laban Harding, 1928. 1 folders