[OASIS] Harvard University Library
OASIS: Online Archival Search Information System
http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:DIV.LIB:div00477View HOLLIS Record   Frames Version
Questions or Comments   Copyright Statement
bMS 477

Church of the Disciples (Boston, Mass.). Records, 1863-1950 (bMS 477): Register

Andover-Harvard Theological Library, Harvard Divinity School, Harvard University

[link]


Andover-Harvard Theological Library, Harvard Divinity School, Harvard University

© President and Fellows of Harvard College

Descriptive Summary

Call No.: bMS 477
Repository: Andover-Harvard Theological Library, Harvard Divinity School, Harvard University
Creator: Church of the Disciples (Boston, Mass.).
Title: Church of the Disciples (Boston, Mass.). Records, 1863-1950
Date(s): 1863-1950
Quantity: 2 boxes
Abstract: Miscellaneous church records, including legal papers (1868-1950) and Alliance Study Programs (1890-1941). Also interior photograph of the church.

Immediate Source of Acquisition:

Gift of the Arlington Street Church. Architectural plan located in bMS 477/2 was purchased from G.R. Goodman, St. Croix Antiquarian Books, 2013

Processing Information:

Processed by Alan Seaburg, 1982.

Conditions Governing Access:

There are no restrictions on access to this collection.

Related Materials

For related collection, please see bMS 3 .

Biographical / Historical

The Church of the Disciples was founded April 27, 1841, by James Freeman Clark. It united with the Indiana Street Church in 1855. The chapel in Freeman Place was dedicated March 15, 1848. The church united with the Arlington Street Church in 1942. Ministers: 1841-1888, James Freeman Clarke; 1889-1912, Charles Gordon Ames; 1911-1938, Abraham Mitre Rihbany.

Arrangement

Organized into the following series:

Scope and Contents

This collection consists of miscellaneous church records, including legal papers (1868-1950) and Alliance Study Programs (1890-1941). Also includes an interior photograph of the church.

Container List


div00477