[OASIS] Harvard University Library
OASIS: Online Archival Search Information System
http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:DIV.LIB:div00010View HOLLIS Record   Frames Version
Questions or Comments   Copyright Statement
bMS 10

West Church (Boston, Mass.) Records (bMS 10): Register

Andover-Harvard Theological Library

[link]


Harvard Divinity School

© 1969 The President and Fellows of Harvard College


Last update 2016 June 24

Descriptive Summary

Call No.: bMS 10
Title: West Church (Boston, Mass.) Records, 1826-1876
Repository: Andover-Harvard Theological Library, Harvard Divinity School
45 Francis Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138-1911
Quantity: 1.05 Cubic Feet (3 Boxes)
Abstract: Sunday school records; church library catalog.

Processed by:

Douglas Stange, 1969.

Acquisition Information:

Gift of the Unitarian Universalist Association, 1968.

Access Restrictions:

There are no restrictions on access to this collection.

Historical note

The West Church in Boston (also known as the Ninth Church, the Lynde Street Church, and the West Boston Society) was gathered January 3, 1737. In 1806 its second meeting house (known today as Old West) was built. Although the congregation called itself "Independent Congregational," all its ministers except the first were Unitarian. The congregation disbanded shortly after the death of C.A. Bartol in 1889. For many years the building was used as a public library. The United Methodist congregation today known as Old West began using this building in the 1960's.

Ministers

Scope and Content

This collection consists of Sunday School records, as well as the church library catalog.

Register


div00010