OASIS: Online Archival Search Information System
|http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:DIV.LIB:div00001View HOLLIS Record
Questions or Comments Copyright Statement
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: bMS 1
Repository: Andover-Harvard Theological Library, Harvard Divinity School, Harvard University
Title: Church in Brattle Square (Boston, Mass.) Records, 1855-1884
Quantity: 0.35 cubic feet
Abstract: Parsonage book, 1855-1884, and receipts and financial notes, 1864.
The Brattle Street Church (also known as the Church in Brattle Square ) was gathered as the fourth church in Boston on Dec. 12, 1698. Because of its publication in 1699 of a platform of practice differing from that of the other Puritan churches, it was called " The Manifesto Church ." It became Unitarian under J.S. Buckminster. It became extinct in 1876.Ministers: Benjamin Colman (1699-1747); William Cooper (1716-1743); Samuel Cooper (1746-1748); Peter Thacher (1785-1802); Joseph S. Buckminster (1805-1812); Edward Everett (1814-1815); John Gorham Palfrey (1813-1831); Samuel K. Lothrop (1834-1876).
Parsonage book, 1855-1884, and receipts and financial notes, 1864. Vital records of this church were published by the Benevolent Fraternity of Churches in 1902 under the title: The Manifesto Church : Records of the Church in Brattle Square, Boston, with Lists of Communicants, Baptisms, Marriages and Funerals, 1699-1872.