Mss:634 1880-1964 B747
Boston Woven Hose & Rubber Company. Boston Woven Hose & Rubber Company Patents and
Business Records, 1880-1964: A Finding Aid
Baker Library Special Collections, Harvard Business School, Harvard University
Harvard Business School, Boston MA 02163.
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: Mss:634 1880-1964 B747
Repository: Baker Library Special Collections, Harvard Business School, Harvard University
Title: Boston Woven Hose & Rubber Company patents and business records
Quantity: 3.5 linear feet (4 boxes, 1 carton)
Language of materials: English
Gift of Alden S. Foss, 1965.
Collection is open for research. Materials stored offsite. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Cite as: Boston Woven Hose & Rubber Company Patents and Records. Baker Library, Harvard
Manufacturing firm, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, producing rubber products.
Incorporated in 1899, it succeeding a firm with the same name and merged with American
Biltrite Rubber Company in 1957.
Scattered business records gathered by Alden S. Foss for a talk before the Cambridge
Historical Society in 1964. Included are patent papers dating back to 1867. Also includes
a history of the firm by Alden S. Foss.
- Box 1, Folder 1, Advertising
- Box 1, Folder 2, Audits
- Box 1, Folder 3, Histories-Conder, Foss; list of officers, resolutions
- Box 1, Folder 4, Printed
- Box 1, Folder 5, Plans
- Box 1, Folder 6, Foss recommendations
- Box 1, Folder 7, Financial (1928, 1953-1954), personnel (1899-1950)
- Box 1, Folder 8, Arrangements for advertising by bicycle racers
- Box 2, Canadian patents, Tillinghast
- Carton 3, Patents, dockets, pneumaticum pamphlet
Date: circa 1867-1936
- Box 4, U.S. patents, belting, jar rings, gasoline storage tanks, card aprons, reclaims
- Box 5, Hose, matting and treads