Mss: 1 1810-1889 A
Agriculture Printed Matter Collection, 1810-1889 and undated: A Finding Aid
Baker Library Special Collections, Harvard Business School, Harvard University
Harvard Business School, Boston MA 02163.
© President and Fellows of Harvard College
Call No.: Mss: 1 1810-1889 A
Repository: Baker Library Special Collections, Harvard Business School, Harvard University
Title: Agriculture printed matter collection
Date(s): 1810-1889 and undated
Quantity: .5 linear feet (1 box)
Language of materials: English
Abstract: This artificial collection contains a variety of printed materials related to the
The materials were received by Baker Library Special Collection by way of multiple
donations. These are noted at the folder level.
Items were removed from the Manuscript Vertical file in February 1998 and given item
level description in the finding aid. Items were individually foldered.
Processed: December 1998 By: Carole Foster
Collection is open for research. Materials stored offsite; access requires advance
notice. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Agriculture Printed Matter Collection. Baker Library, Harvard Business School.
This artificial collection consists of tickets, advertisements, rules, bills, directions,
circulars, notices, invitations, and reprints removed from other collections, received
as gifts or purchase and grouped together under the Agriculture Industries; farming
classification of the Industries List developed by W.P. Cutter for Baker Library in
the 1920s. Some items can be traced back to the original collection or donor by the
pencil notation on the item. The collection is arranged chronologically by item.
- Box 1, Folder 1, Advertisement, "Cattle Feed. Prof. Hayward's Cattle Feed…Sold by James Oakes", Boston
- Box 1, Folder 10, Sales Catalog, "North Devon Stock, from the herd of James M. Whiton, of Holderness,
N.H…., New Hampshire State Fair"
- Box 1, Folder 11, Notice, "Flying Cloud Jr., Levi Dole, Ag't, Greenfield, Massachusetts" [horse breeding]
- Box 1, Folder 15, Ticket, "Societe des Agriculteurs de France, Congress International de L'Agriculture
au Palais du Trocadero"
- Box 1, Folder 16, Reprint of Letter to Editor, "The Collection of a Celebrated Naturalist. Audubon's
Collection of Birds now at Our Establishment"
- Box 1, Folder 17, Invitation, "Stockmen's Ball & Banquet, Dodge City, Kansas"
- Box 1, Folder 19, Ticket, "The Twenty-Sixth Annual Exhibition of the New England Agricultural Society,"
endorsed to Mr. Lord