MS Am 2003
Hatch, Leonard, 1882-. Leonard Hatch correspondence with Warren Barton Blake
and others, 1910-1918: Guide.
Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
© 2005 The President and Fellows of Harvard College
Last updated 2014 August 8
Repository: Houghton Library, Harvard College Library, Harvard University
Call No.: MS Am 2003
Creator: Hatch, Leonard, 1882-.
Title: Leonard Hatch correspondence with Warren Barton Blake and others,
Quantity: .15 linear feet (1 box)
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Abstract: Personal and publishing-related correspondence between editorial writer Leonard
Hatch and journalist Warren Barton Blake and others.
Processed by: Melanie Wisner
82M-56 and 97M-30. Gift of Christopher
Hatch, R.R. 2, Box 1590, Dorset, Vermont 05251. Received 1982 April; 1997 December 18; 1999 August;
2002 January 10; and 2003 February 13.
There are no restrictions on physical access to this material.
Leonard Hatch Correspondence with Warren Barton Blake and Others, 1910-1918 (MS Am
2003). Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Leonard Hatch (1882-1969) was an American magazinist and editorial writer. Warren
Blake (1883-1918) was an American journalist who worked on the editorial staffs of
Nation, The Independent, and Collier's Weekly. Hatch and Blake were college classmates
Arranged alphabetically by correspondent.
- (1) Benét, William Rose, 1886-1950. Letter to Leonard
Hatch, 1914 September 8. 1 folder.
- (2) Blake, Warren Barton, 1883-1918. 40 letters to
Leonard Hatch, 1912-1918. 5 folders.
- Photograph with letter of 1918 February 26;
- Letter from Marjorie Conant to Warren
Barton Blake, 1918
- Printed memorial pamphlet, 1919, Warren Barton Blake October 26, 1883 - August 19,
1918 ; compilation of letters and editorials by Barton
Fisk Blake and Mary Manning Blake.
- (4) Hatch, Leonard, 1882- . 25 letters to Warren Barton
Blake, 1910-1916. 4 folders.
Some letters written from Honolulu (Hawaii). Includes:
- Photograph with letter of 1912 April 2: "Blake and
- Photograph with letter of 1916 June 27: "3 steps
backward would have taken me right to the heart of Grand Canyon";
- Photograph with letter of 1916 June 27: "Taken from
the train on the line from Colorado Springs to Cripple Creek";
- Photograph (postcard) with letter of 1916 September
5: people attending the departure of a steamer from Honolulu;
- 2 letters from Dorothy H[olt] Warrin to Warren
Barton Blake, 1916 April 17 and June 27;
- Printed leaflet advertising The
Courtland [Hotel] in Honolulu (Hawaii).
- Poem in Hatch's hand about being Blake's guest, with